Overall Campaign Goal
Thank you so much to all of the supporters who, in all ways that they could, helped build an extraordinary platform for the purposes of salmon recovery. Many people gave cash - thank you. Many people helped by renovating structures on their own time - thank you. Many people rooted for us, went to bat for us, told their friends about the need - thank you! Add it all up and salmon recovery is forever changed for the better.
NSEA reached the $1,200,000 Campaign goal on Wednesday, July 27th after a final, significant gift from Phillips 66 was made. That gift capped off a two-year campaign that saw NSEA purchase and make critical upgrades to a 6.3 acre property on the outskirts of Bellingham, WA. The property will serve as its permanent base-of -operations indefinitely.
What a defining moment for the stability and capacity of salmon recovery!
Major Property Projects Completed
- 2,500 sqft. Equipment Shop - new construction
- 500 sqft. Open Air Potting Shed - new construction
- Native Plant Garden with Recirculating Stream - built by volunteers
- Main Office renovations - converted residential home to provide a professional working space
- Conditional Use Permit projects - fire suppression system, newly drilled wells, ADA ramp, bathroom and parking