Students for Salmon Scheduling Steps
The Students for Salmon program is a hands-on environmental science program, aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), for 3rd-6th grade students in Whatcom County. It is offered at no-cost to participating schools. The program teaches the basics of salmon and stream ecology while reinforcing values of stream stewardship.
1. Decide which season works best for your school, Fall (October through early December) or Spring (February through early June)
2. Select dates and times for the following activities:
Important: Please reference the calendar towards the bottom of this page to be sure your preferred dates and times are available.
- The number of classes you are signing up
- What grade level and the number of students in each class
- What time the kids have lunch and any other important scheduling issues we may need to work around
We will schedule the dates for your group(s) and follow up with location information and answers to any questions you may have.
4. Two weeks before your program begins, NSEA Education Coordinator's will contact you to confirm your schedule and other pertinent information.
Note: We schedule on a first-come, first-served basis.